Authorized by the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006, the SMART Office —
- administers the standards for the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act set forth in Title I of the Adam Walsh Act;
- administers grant programs relating to sex offender registration and notification authorized by the Adam Walsh Act and other grant programs as directed by the Attorney General;
- cooperates with and provides technical assistance to states, the District of Columbia, principal U.S. territories, units of local government, tribal governments, and other public and private entities involved in activities related to sex offender registration or notification or to other measures for the protection of children or other members of the public from sexual abuse or exploitation;
- administers the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website; and
- performs such other functions as the Attorney General may delegate.
To assist with implementation of the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act and provide assistance to criminal justice professionals across the entire spectrum of sex offender management activities needed to ensure public safety.
- Scott Matson, Associate Director
- Stephanie Carrigg, Senior Policy Advisor
- Marnie Dollinger, Senior Policy Advisor
- Joel Dowling, Senior Policy Advisor
- Yahya Fouz, Senior Policy Advisor
- Juli Ana Grant, Senior Policy Advisor
- Meghan McCarthy, Senior Policy Advisor
- Jeanette Korab, Paralegal Specialist
Grants and Administration Division
- Portia F. Graham, Associate Director
- Samantha Opong, Program Specialist
- Kashan Alamin, Grants Management Specialist
- Michelle Arbeit, Program Specialist
Get Updates From SMART
Sign up to receive email updates from the SMART Office. Stay connected with SMART on Twitter and SMART on Facebook for daily information and updates. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for webinars and more.